Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Time Flies...

It doesn't seem possible to me that Jax is starting Kindergarten this week!  I can't believe how fast he went from this...

To this...
It feels so bittersweet to me.  I'm so excited for him because I know how much he loves learning and making new friends and how excited he has been to start school.  But at the same time I'm dreading it!  I feel like he's growing up way too fast and it's sad that on my days off work I won't get to be with him because he has school.  I saw this poem on Pinterest and loved it because it's exactly how I feel...
 
I wonder what you're doing right now,
And if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person,
A nice friend that you can find.
 
I wonder if the teacher knows,
Just how special you are to me.
And if the brightness of your heart,
Is something she can see.
 
I wonder if you are thinking about me,
And if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice
And how you give my leg a tug.
 
I wonder if you could possibly understand
How hard it is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks,
For this is the first step in letting my baby go.
 
Love you forever Jax!

3 comments:

Janaca said...

I LOVE that poem! It was so hard for me to send Jordan off last year so I know those feelings all too well. I thought those 3 1/2 hours or so were LONG but I'm learning 1st grade is much harder. Good luck! He will do great and it gets easier with time. :) Such a stud!

sweet cookie said...

I keep trying to leave comments and it never lets me! Anways..your little boy is a adorable! He is lucky to have such an awesome mother!

Unknown said...

That poem is so sweet, it is bittersweet how fast they grow, it is exciting to see them reach each milestone but at the same time knowing that they are growing way too fast! You are such a great mom! Love ya.